ask for solution of adding each customer one by one,because it take a lot of time ???

Salama Abdelhakim April 22, 2018

hi evreyone ,

PS : our company use jira service desk cloud  .

what is the solution who can make the company when it should add a lot of customers , i mean how it can add them in one time instead of add one by one ???

it's a real issue 

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2018

If you have, or can create, an excel sheet with all customers addresses then you can copy & paste them in.

thank you so much sir @Jack Brickey for your answer ,

this solution is possible  , but can you explain to me how i can do it ,, i mean where i should past it ??

have you any tutorial for this solution ??

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2018

See if this helps. Basically where you add customers one at a time you simply paste it in.

thank you sir @Jack Brickey ,

I start to import clients from a csv file, it starts well, but in the part of (

Map fields: Fields) i don't understand why the button NEXT is not working

image.pngimage.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2018

Because you have not mapped a summary field

thank you sir @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for the answer ,

but what you mean about summary field , how can i mapped a summary field ???

any help please ??

@Jack Brickey any help ???

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2018

So I'm a bit lost on how you got from simply adding customers to importing a CSV file. The image above seems to suggest you are attempting to use the import function which is generally used for importing issues from a previous issue tracking system into JSD. I think you are off track here. At least from your original question about how to import a lot of customers.

The link I provided above directs you as below but also includes the idea of using Organization feature. If you don't need/want to place your customers into an organization then do the following. Simply get all of your customer's emails into a CSV format.

add-customers.png

Like Deleted user likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2018

My apologies, I should have noticed that you had somehow wandered from "create users" to "import issues" and said that you had gone the wrong way.

Salama Abdelhakim April 23, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  yes sir it's my mistake , i didn't understand the specific job of External System Import

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2018

@Salama Abdelhakim, have you been successful in resolving this now or are you still facing issues?

Salama Abdelhakim April 23, 2018

@Jack Brickey  no sir , i still facing issues
because i want a solution to add a lot of customers with a CSV file ,if this is possible ?? because as i find the jira service desk (Cloud) doesn't accept Active Directory integration

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2018

@Salama Abdelhakim, if you are asking if you can "IMPORT" customers from a CSV the answer is NO. When you say "a lot" of customers, how many is a lot? Why can you not simply copy and paste them in? The format should be like this:

customerA@company.com, customerB@company.com....customerZZZ@company.com

copy the list and paste it in.

In any case I'm not sure I can assist further w/o understanding more and why my propose solution won't work.

Deleted user April 11, 2019

you should be able to add more than one at a time. Hit enter after entering the email and should allow you to add another, not sure how many you can add.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events