Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate JSON so i can Set Estimate

Clemens de Brouwer August 26, 2020

In the link https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-Automation-Set-Original-Estimate/qaq-p/68804 is described how to set the Estimate field using JSON.

I want to use this but I do not see an oppertunity to enter the JSON code.

How can I activate the JSON oppertunity in JIRA?

with kind regards

Clemens de Brouwer

2 answers

0 votes

In the attached picture you can see what i want to do, but I do not have the option to add JSON code, What do I wrong?Automation set estimate.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2020

You have not selected a field to edit, so it can't know what to ask you for.

Maybe I look a newbee, but is just what I am.

What should I choose? because whatever i choose i do not get a box to enter JSON code.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2020

Why are you fixated on JSON code?  The version of Automation you have here is clearly different to the one in the post from 2 years ago.

In the box on the far right, select the field you want to update and give it the data it asks for when you've selected.

I want to set de 'original estimate' but I cannot select that field in the list.

In the list there is only a 'Estimated Effort'

Therefore I am looking for alternatives and was pointed to the article mentioned above.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2020

Ok, well, it is an old article, and I suspect it was written for Server, where you're on Cloud.

The Automation function you are trying to use there does not support original estimate as a field it can set.

Like Clemens de Brouwer likes this

Is there a workaround to set the 'Original Estimate' in the version I use?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2020

Not with Automation, although there are some other apps that can set it.

thank you for the information 

I will check with the JIRA service desk within my organisation what I can do with adding apps.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2020

I am not sure what you are asking when you talk about "activate".

Automation has fields which expect JSON input in some places.  If you're using an automation rule that needs it, it will ask you.  The post you've mentioned is about setting up a rule to change the estimate and that particular rule expects json.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events