Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your request could not be created. Please check the fields have been correctly filled in

Jh July 31, 2020

I am having trouble finding out the cause of this error on a particular project. This error is preventing customers from submitting tickets on two specific request types in a single project. There was no change in the request type, custom field, or workflow. I have a hidden custom field but it is not required and has a default value set. Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

@Jh -

1. Are you able to submit requests, as an admin?
  2. Check your workflow that there's no validator present?
  3. Check the permissions on the project to ensure users can create issues? 
Jh July 31, 2020
  1. I cannot submit requests as an admin either, I receive this error: Error2.png
  2. There is 1 validator: Only users with Create Issues permission can execute this transition.
  3. Create issues permissions is allowed for Administrator and Service Desk Team, which I am part of both. Users in the project have Service Desk Team roles.
Jh July 31, 2020

@Dave Liao, I have now discovered all request types are broken now, we receive the error on all of them.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

@Jh - Can you create issues for that project directly (via Jira's header)?

From project settings, re-check your request types. Check each hidden field, and click "Edit value" to check its default. Attempt to re-save each.

Jh July 31, 2020

@Dave Liao, I cannot create issues for the project directly either.

I checked all custom fields and clicked Update on each one and also checked the the one hidden field on each request to ensure it was not required and clicked Update.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - navigate to an already-existing issue in that project.

Tap G-G twice on your keyboard, then search for "Permission Helper".

For user, put your name.

For permission, type "Create Issues".

What do you see?

Jh July 31, 2020

@Dave Liao I do have the permissions and I checked another member that has the Service Desk Team role and they look good as well...

Error3.jpg

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - what happened when you tried creating an issue directly within Jira?

• See any error messages?
  • If you're using Chrome (or Edge Chromium), pull up web tools (F12) and check the Console. See any errors there?

Usual disclaimers apply - clear your cache, log out, log back in, try in an incognito window, etc.

Jh July 31, 2020

Used Chrome and tried to create directly within Jira and get this:

Error4.jpg

Using F12 tools, console shows 2 errors that were the same:

ChromeError1.jpg

When I clicked on it, brought me to a page:

ChromeError2.jpg

When using the customer portal, I see the same error.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh -

• This is a Jira Server instance, not Jira Cloud, right? (Your Jira URL doesn't end with atlassian.net, yeah?)
  • Has anything changed in your network lately? This creation fails from an incognito window too?
Jh July 31, 2020

@Dave Liao,

Correct, Jira Server instance. We upgraded from 8.7.1 to 8.9.1 last Friday, but didn't have any reports until today for this specific project. No issues with creating issues on any other project.

When you say, changes in network, can you clarify? And correct, fails in incognito as well.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - any changes in your network setup or architecture, like an SSL certificate. But never mind that question since you confirmed that other Jira projects are operating without issue.

Can you temporarily create a new request type in the affected project, with just one field (like Summary), and see if that works?

Jh July 31, 2020

@Dave Liao 

New request type with just one field did not work either.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - have access to your server logs? If not, find someone who does, and share the exact error(s) you see there.

Jh July 31, 2020

Ok, I opened the log and tried to create a ticket and this is the error that came up:

LogError.jpg

Looks like our SIL script, that auto sets the user location from the value in AD is preventing the ticket from creating...

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - ah, Power Scripts!

Do those custom fields exist in the affected project? Do they exist on the request form(s) and the screens for the issue type(s) used in those request form(s)?

Jh July 31, 2020

@Dave Liao 

Here is the full script:

//customfield_11430 = ldapUserAttr("physicalDeliveryOfficeName", "(sAMAccountName=" + currentUsername() + ")");
//customfield_14634 = currentUsername();
if (isNull(customfield_11430)) {
customfield_11430 = ldapUserAttr("physicalDeliveryOfficeName", "(sAMAccountName=" + currentUsername() + ")", "ORG");
customfield_16135 = ldapUserAttr("company", "(sAMAccountName=" + currentUsername() + ")", "ORG");
customfield_16731 = "POC";
}
if (isNull(customfield_11430)) {
customfield_11430 = ldapUserAttr("physicalDeliveryOfficeName", "(sAMAccountName=" + currentUsername() + ")", "ECB");
customfield_16135 = ldapUserAttr("company", "(sAMAccountName=" + currentUsername() + ")", "ECB");
customfield_16731 = "ECB";
}

Custom field ID 16135 is referring to a custom field called "AD-Company".

Jh July 31, 2020

That custom field is not even in scope of this project or screen.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - like I mentioned earlier (in my now-edited previous answer), ensure the referenced custom fields all exist so Power Scripts doesn't get confused.

1. check the request form - what issue type is mapped to it?
  2. check the issue type screens, do the custom fields exist on them?
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - you can update the script to run only when the custom fields are present. Use this routine: https://confluence.cprime.io/display/SIL/isCustomFieldInContext

This Community thread also references the same problem you're having FYI: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/SIL-script-custom-field-not-in-context/qaq-p/268511

Hope this helps!

Jh July 31, 2020

@Dave Liao 

I'm wondering where I would use that in my current script though.

Do I only specify the specific project to check if the custom field is in context or all projects?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - actually, before making modifications, you mentioned "the custom field is not in scope of this project or screen". Can you add any missing custom fields to the screens used for that project?

Jh July 31, 2020

I just added the custom field that's referenced in the error to the Create Issue screen but it still has the same error.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - can you re-confirm? In issue SICHD-436 that you referenced, does the missing custom field now exist in the Create screen for that issue type?

Jh July 31, 2020

Sorry, I added the custom field to the Create screen but it was only in context of two projects and not Global. I added the project that we're referring to and was able to create a ticket... This custom field shows what company the reporter of the ticket is from, so it doesn't really hurt for it to be shown. If that is a quicker fix than editing the script than I am OK with it..

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - yep, only users creating issues internally within Jira will notice this, and not via your service desk portal. ;-p

Glad that adding the missing custom fields to the screen resolved your issue!

Feel free to accept my answer (I'd love the recognition!), and TGIF. 🎉

Jh July 31, 2020

Thanks @Dave Liao you were crazy fast in replying and for sure helped me solve this issue. I created a support ticket with Atlassian and they still have not replied after 4 hours!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

@Jh - you're lucky I ended my work day "early"!

Finding out that Power Scripts (it's an add-on I'm a fan of) was part of your issue was also a pleasant surprise.

2 votes
Stefano Coletta February 12, 2024

I've found another scenario where this problem can happen.

When you use the Checklist custom field and you forgot to add both the Checklist field and the Checklist proxy field.

In the official doc for Checklist at the chapter Setting Up a Customer Portal custom field, when it is specified to add the field to the customer portal, at step 6 we can read:

Select both Checklist custom field and Checklist Proxy for Customer Portal custom field, then click Apply.

But only the Proxy field was added to the Request configuration.

Not having both fields was producing the error you have reported or a similar one like "Your request could not be created. Please check the fields have been correctly filled in"

Hope this helps someone else.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events