Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong content in customer notifications

Johannes Rudolf October 1, 2020

Hello altogether,

one of our clients has realised a problem with Service Desk customer notifications if an agent comments publicly in a short period of time. After a check I can confirm the problem as well as I can provide the following results.

Preparation: raise an issue on someone else's account where you have access to the user's mails or enable notifications for own actions.

Steps to reproduce:

• comment repeatedly (and publicly) like "comment 1", comment 2" up to 4 times, wait for a few seconds within a comment --> customer will receive 4 notifications referring to the last comments (= 4 mails displaying the last comment)
  • comment repeatedly as above (e.g. "comment 5" to "comment 8") but wait a bit more between your comments --> customer will receive 4 notifications and it may happen that some mails will refer to different comments - this is probably due to the flushed mail queue since Jira flushes the queue every minute
  • I have checked this explicitly with "comment 9" to "comment 13" - in between I have checked the mail queue and once flushed more comments were added

Conclusion:

I assume that if an agent comments more than once within one minute Jira will send a mail for each comment but within every notification only the last comment will be send.

According to our client it happens that an agent quickly needs to add some more information (as a public comment) once he or she has left a public comment. 

About the instance:

• Jira Service Desk: 4.5.1
  • Jira Software: 8.5.1
  • Environment: Server
  • Additionally: we use "Email this issue" instead of the SD internal customer notifications

Questions:

• Is this a known issue? 
  • Or are we the only one experiencing this?

I couldn't find anything about no issue, no question here nor anywhere else. Is it so specific? :-) 

Also, according to a comment within this issue notification batches were introduced recently. Maybe we're facing a problem related to this.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Many thanks,

Johannes

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events