Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong author

Dave Kock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 23, 2022

Hi,

We have a setup where one of our websites & app has a contact form that then generates an email to a shared mailbox that Jira Service Management then automatically creates a ticket from.

The problem:  It creates the Jira ticket with the author as our no reply email address, but not the Email address the user actually put into the Contact form.

Because of this, we cannot use Jira-Support to answer customers and always need to send a separate email via Outlook. 

What possibilities are there to Import the Email addresses from the text? 

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2022

Hello @Dave Kock ,

This is a common problem that we are facing ourselves as well. Unfortunately, there is no build in functionality that will allow you to separate this information. You would need to ask your webdevelopers if they can restructure the form so that the contact e-mail address is being used as the sender. 

This will cause numerous other problems so I can't really advise that route. One that might be of help, is toying around with one of the many apps in the marketplace. The first one that comes to mind is ScriptRunner. That might allow you to filter the text, find the e-mail address and replace the reporter with that field.

Luckily for us, we don't receive many requests through our webforms. When we do, the e-mail address is added to the text and we manually replace the reporter with the e-mail address from the form. It does require a bit of manual labour, but it does provide us with the ability to communicate with the customer from within JSM.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events