Workflow transition

Sarah_Parker April 22, 2020

I am having trouble with the work flow transition. When I close an issue and select a resolution, it defaults my resolution to "Done" instead of what I am selecting. When I go to resolutions and try and remove defaults I get n error screen. I also tried to remove the resolution Post Function for the transition. Any guidance? 

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

Hi Sarah, welcome to the Community.

For sure it seems that you have a Post Function on one or more transitions into Done status to set the Resolution to Done which is overwriting your selected option. You mention you tried to remove the resolution PF so obviously you are familiar w/ the likely situation. Are you confident that you removed this PF and do you have multiple transitions into Done?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

hmmm, to be clear here when you say "instead of what I am selecting" I assume you mean what the user selects in the resolution drop down on the modal popup when transitioning to done. Also, regarding removing the default - where exactly are you attempting to do this?

Resolutions are system wide. you can add/remove/modify/set default/clear default here - Jira settings > Issues > Resolutions. To clear any default click here...

clear.jpg

The screen capture you posted of the "clean defaults" selection is what I was selecting when trying to clear my defaults. When I select it I get this error:

jira default resolution.PNG

Also, all of my post functions are deleted besides the original 5 that seem to be permanent. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2020

can you try a different browser? what does the "documentation" link present?

I received the same error message in a different browser. The documentation link goes to a page about Jira Software Server 8.4 documentation. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2020

if you are seeing this in multiple browsers I recommend you reach out to Atlassian Support.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events