Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for a type of customers

Geoffrey - Service Expert August 31, 2020

Hello,

I'm starting to work on Jira for my company.

I would like to know if we can have a worklow according to a type of customers in a project Service Desk.

If, yes how to do that.

Thank you,

Geoffrey

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2020

given your requirements I would suggest having these customers associated to different JSD projects. This is because you don't want Customer A creating tickets using a Request Type that is intended (workflow-B) for customer B.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2020

Workflow is decided by project and issue type, not customer.  So Jack's "separate projects" is by far the easiest way to do this.

The more complex or clumsy ways to do this would be

• Have different request types for the customers (and hence have to worry about how to prevent customers raising request for the other organisation)
  • Merge the workflows together and then protect parts of it depending on customer (so you would be adding a whole load of conditions that say "only show this transition when customer = x")
0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

@Geoffrey - Service Expert  yes its possible. can you please clarify your requirement related to workflow

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I will try to explain (I'm French).

We have two different workflows. Each workflow need to be attached to a customer.

On portal, request types are the same, only worfklow are different.

How can I attached a workflow to a customers ? you have to know that we will have multiple customers attached to a worklow.

Thank you

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

Hi,

correct me if i am wrong. you want customer XYZ raise he should get different workflow.

if customer ABC raise he should get another work flow?

Yes,

Customer X will have Worfklow 1.

Customer Y will have Worklow 2

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2020

Ok... There are many different ways you can do this.

1.  If you have add-on Extension then at bottom there is visibility option. you will find options to do this eaisly.

2. In workflow you need to do this through post function.

3. Or esle check the permission. 

I would recommend  you to create two different groups and add the customers this will make your work easy 

Like Jack Brickey likes this

How the Add-on called ?

Thank you

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2020

You need to install it from market place..

If cannot do that you can follow the instructions of Mr.jack

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events