Will my existing projects on the free Jira license be migrated when I upgrade to Jira Premium?

Riante Narayanan June 7, 2022

Good day, 

Please advise if  my existing projects on the free Jira license be migrated when I upgrade to Jira Premium? 

2 answers

1 vote
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Riante Narayanan

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!

If you are on a free plan now and planning to upgrade to premium if your projects are on the same instance then no need to worry about it. It will be on the same instance.

Regards,
Mayur

Riante Narayanan June 7, 2022

Thank you for the feedback. If it is not on the same instance, please advise if the project can be migrated or imported. 

Also, how do I ensure that I upgrade to Premium on the same instance. 

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

It think yes you can either use site import or JCMA to migrate the projects. You can see the billing section where it will show you the weather you are on the Premium or Standard or Free.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Technically, no, there's no "migration".  But yes, your data will all be there.

When you subscribe to, or licence, a trial Atlassian system, you're not actually changing anything.  The system is in the same place, nothing moves from one place to another.  Your subscription or licence just tells the system "hey, you can have up to this many people all using the functions the subscription or licence is for".   Nothing "migrates", you carry on using the same system.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events