Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why issues are not moving to Done with smart commit

Tanzeel Mirza May 14, 2021

I've properly setup workflow and workflow scheme. I have only 3 states "Open", "In progress" and "Done". There are no conditions on transitions but there are triggers. When I create a new branch the issue moves to "In progress" from "Open" as expected but after I merge that PR from that branch the issue doesn't moves to "Done".  Here are some screenshots of Workflow:

Screenshot from 2021-05-14 20-28-39.pngScreenshot from 2021-05-14 20-29-24.png

Please help me.

I'm using this syntax for closing:
git commit -m "ST-12 #close Ticket closed #commit Made final changes"

Also this is a dummy account which I created for learning Jira and Git. I can share the credentials so that you can look into the issue after login in.

User: blackduck897@gmail.com

Pass: my_blackduck_123

1 answer

1 vote
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hi @Tanzeel Mirza ,

Hope you're using close as the transition name, but as you mentioned in the workflow the transition name is "Complete" so try using #complete.

Cheers,

Kevin.

No it is still not moving. I've provided user/pass at the bottom of the question. Can you please login  and point out my mistake.

@Kevin Johnsonthe problem is with "in-progress -> done" only. Issued the #complete tag but still the issue isn't moving to done.

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events