Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why dont closed jobs move out of all open jobs?

Lachlan Ludeman September 21, 2020

In the Queues area, All Open, there is a job that has been completed and closed but it is still sitting in all open. This job was closed from within the Microsoft Teams addon. If another job is logged the same way but closed via the website it will be removed from the "All Open" area as it should. Wondering why this is happening and is there a way to remove it now without deleting the job entirely.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

Check that the Resolution field is actually set. This should be done when resolving all issues.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but is the resolution field just selecting Resolved and Closed from the drop down box?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

No that would be the status itself. Each issue has a Resolution field and you should set to some value from the available list, e.g. done, cannot reproduce, won’t do, etc. when the resolution is set the issue will have a check mark next to the status when viewed in the detailed issue view. 
you might find this article useful - fixing-issues-with-jira-resolutions 

Hmmmm. I understand now. But still I cannot fix the issue. It seems MS teams Jira Cloud App only changes status and not the resolution field. Changing the status to closed within MS Teams makes the issue unable to move out of the queue and also cannot change its resolution field, it says "You dont permission to transition this issue."
Shame, as this is the way I would like to use it.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2020

The issue isn’t with Teams it is with your Jira configuration. Putting Teams aside for a moment, there are two ways to set the Resolution field in Jira when transitioning an issue to closed/done/resolved/etc.

• you can include a post function inside your workflow for the transition to the closed status and set the value of Resolution or
  • you could include a validation step in the transition of the workflow and include a screen that presents the resolution field to the user so that they can select a specific resolution value

The first method is good if you don’t care what the value is in the resolution field. The second is best if you want the user to specify the type of resolution such as done won’t do cannot reproduce etc.. It is also very important if you have a re-open transition to clear the resolution Field.

Now, back to Teams. I don’t use Teams to close your issues to be honest so it’s unclear to me exactly how you could make option to work within teams. However with option one it doesn’t matter if you close the issue from teams then the resolution field will automatically get set to the set value.

Lachlan Ludeman September 22, 2020

Yes you are right. The second option was set up. From within Teams jira app it doesnt pop up with a resolution step so it doesnt work. The other way still isnt great so the fix that we will implement is just loading Jira through a web app within teams.
Sorry but Teams is the priority at this work place so it needs to work through that for both logging and closing jobs.

Thanks heaps Jack for making it all clear.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events