Why don't I see 'Email notification preferences' in my personal settings?

Katrina P June 9, 2022

I want to tweak my email notification settings and was referencing this doc, however there is no dropdown or anything referencing 'Email notification preferences' in my personal settings.

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 5.19.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-09 at 5.19.59 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

@Katrina P 

The reference doc is for the CLOUD env and is not applicable for Server env.

I am sure that you knows about "My Changes" setup, if not, then here is more about this setup... 

It is the "My Changes" setup that control your email preference.  This control if how you receive system notifications.  By default is set not to notify you if changes are performed/initiated by you.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Katrina P June 10, 2022

Ok, so there is no way to set my email notification preferences in a server env besides to receive or not receive notifications about changes that I make (things that I am already aware of?) I want to only receive notifications on tickets I am watching, and it doesn't seem there is a way I can even set up a gmail filter for this as emails for tickets I am only watching don't have any differentiating text from tickets I am assigned to, etc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

@Katrina P -

Unfortunately what you want to accomplished is not available for the server env via the personal profile area.  When you watch an issue, then each project's notification scheme takes over on what issue event notifications are sent out to specified users/group/roles/watcher etc.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph

Like Katrina P likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

@Katrina P -

If my answers helped you.  Please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Matthias Ißbrücker September 16, 2022

so can you add this feature (user-specific notifications, not only project-specific) to the server env in future? this would be very helpful to reduce the amount of emails we get and focus on the interesting notifcations!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

@Matthias Ißbrücker -

You will need to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) to request for this feature.  NOTE - This is a community discussion and it is not a place where you can ask for feature add to Atlassian's products.  

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events