Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the translation in Customers Portal work?

JConstantine August 26, 2020

I've uploaded the .jar for Ukrainian language, chose it in the Customers Portal but there's still no translation going on. What may be the problem?
Here's the screenshots:
2020-08-26_12-03-42.png2020-08-26_12-04-17.pngJudging from this the translation is not free of charge:
2020-08-26_15-56-40.png

Now I'm confused. I need my Customers to see the translated version of Customers Portal and to get the translated notifications.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2020

Hello Lena,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I can see that you are using an add-on to translate the customer portal, but the feature "Language support" was added recently to Server.

If you are using the latest version of Service Desk, you should be able to change the language of the portal following the steps of the documentation below:

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

JConstantine August 28, 2020

@Angélica Luz My Service Desk version is 4.6.1. Do I need to update it before trying the steps from the documentation? If yes than it's gonna be a headache, because the last version of Jira does not support MySQL 5.6.47 I'm currently using, so I will need to upgrade my databases first, then upgrade Jira and finally I'll be able to try the aforementioned steps.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2020

Yes, it's necessary to upgrade because the multi-lingual portal is available in version 4.11.

If you don't want to upgrade, then you can contact the vendor of the add-on for them to help you find what is causing the issue regarding the Ukrainian language.

JConstantine September 4, 2020

@Angélica LuzAfter I upgrade from MySQL 5.6 to MySQL 5.8 will I have to reconnect my update JIRA to the same database, but in MYSQL 5.8?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2020

Hello @JConstantine,

You can upgrade to MySQL 5.7 or 8.0.

Please, follow the steps of the documentation below to migrate Jira to a new database:

JConstantine September 8, 2020

@Angélica LuzIn the documentation the following is said for Jira Configuration Tool:

Navigate to the Database tab and set Database type to MySQL 8.0.

But as you can see there's no such option:
2020-09-08_17-02-42.pngThere's only MySQL 5.7+ here.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2020

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. 

You can select MySQL 5.7+, since the version leaps from 5.7 to 8.0, it means that 5.7+ is any version newer than 5.7.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events