Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the person who solved the linked issue appear in the service desk comments?

David Valle August 6, 2020

Hi Dears, I have the following question, and I will explain it in the following steps:

1. An incident is created in our service desk project

2. I link this issue to another project and assign responsibility to an IT partner (in this example his name is JM)

3. when he(JM) solves the issue later in the internal comments, a different person is shown (in this example his name is David Valle)

JM RESOLVES ISUUE.png

Why doesn't the person who solved the linked issue.png

I'll be awaiting your comments

best regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hello David,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and thank you for the details.

I believe that this behavior might be related to the automation because if it shows that you did something that you didn't, it's probably the automation doing it on your behalf.

To confirm if that's the case, please go to Project settings > Automation. On this page, check if you are the default user to run the automation.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 14.19.59.png

Then you can select the automation that closes the linked issue when the other ticket is also closed and change the "Run rule as" to "User who triggered the rule".

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 14.21.53.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

David Valle August 10, 2020

Hi Angelica,

thanks for answering, I made your recommendations 

and it worked!

thank you  angelica

best regards

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD