Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Resolution of a ticket automatically change to Completed when an agent edits a ticket?

Denisse Barajas-Lopez August 22, 2022

Hi, 

Any idea why the resolution of a ticket is automatically triggered to completed when an agent edits a ticket and adds a component that is not part of JIRA request template? 

This is not an issue if the agent edits a ticket component that is part of JIRA request template. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

My guess is that an inexperienced administrator has added the resolution field to the edit screen.

This is something you should never do, but I'm afraid Atlassian have never coded to stop us doing it (not even a warning), or written much into the docs, so it is a really easy mistake to make.  Most of us learned it the hard way - we added it to a screen and watched it corrupt all our data.  (That sounds like I'm being smug about not making the mistake, which could not be further from the truth, I did it in a Jira 2 install)

To fix it, go to project admin, find the "screens" section and look at every screen that is associated with "create" or "edit".  You need to remove the resolution field from all of them.  (View does not matter)

Denisse Barajas-Lopez August 24, 2022

Hi Nic, 

Thank you! This was super helpful and we were able to fix issue reported by user. I appreciate your time and guidance with this!

-Denisse 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events