Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the First Response Time Breached Report only show bugs as created from the previous day?

Lauren Horncastle August 26, 2020

Why does the First Response Time Breached Report only show bugs created from the previous day?

I created a graph based on the SLAs:

* (120h) type = bug and priorty = low (24/7 calendar )default))

* etc

so when I report to show the past quarter by week (would have attached a photo if I could) then it shows all that have breached the first response time on one particular day and not on the date when they did breach the response time. I'm thinking, does this depend on when I created the report..?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2020

@Lauren Horncastle - hi Lauren! Reports (including pulling issue filter results) in Jira typically depend on (#1) when you run/access them, and (#2) your Jira instance's time zone.

Regarding the second point, confirm your Jira instance's time zone. If you're an application admin, head over to Settings (gear menu) > System, and confirm your time zone.

Hopefully your results make more sense!

Lauren Horncastle August 27, 2020

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your response, but what you do mean about #1 when you run/access them. Is this a limit of the reports that they'll only display (all) issues cumulatively when you access/run it rather than showing on which day in the past they breached a SLA?

Many thanks, 

Lauren

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

@Lauren Horncastle - regarding #1, depends on the JQL you're querying with, in case you're using absolute values vs relative values, like startOfWeek().

Hopefully checking your Jira instance's time zone helped clarify the results you're seeing?

Lauren Horncastle September 3, 2020

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I checked the timezone and it is correct.

Now I'll look into #1. I set the Series to First Response Time - Breached, filter by specific issues where organisation is not EMPTY and the JQL from SLA Goal is:

* (120h) type = bug AND priority = Low (24/7/ Calendar (Default))

* (72h) type = bug AND priority = Normal (24/7/ Calendar (Default))

* (48h) type = bug AND priority = High (24/7/ Calendar (Default))

* (4h) type = bug AND priority = Critical (24/7/ Calendar (Default))

* All remaining issues (24/7 Calendar (Default))

I want the graph to show per day how many service desk ticket breached the first response time. Do I have to do something different to that? Another filter in the specific issues textbox?

Many thanks in advance.

Lauren

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events