Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Comment formatting in a bulk change differ from when executing via Project Automation

Richard Imbrogno November 6, 2023

Hi. I currently "Add Comment'" via project automation using this format. 

Good day {{assignee.displayname}}

Please provide an status update of this request by clicking on the ticket link {{issue.key}} and providing your update in the "Comments" section

* If the request has been completed please place it into "Closed" status

* If the request will take 60 days before next available update please place it into "Ongoing" status and be sure to check back and update as required

*NOTE* This is an automated message. Do not provide your update via a reply to this email as will not get recorded

Through Automation it come out properly formatted with the assignee display name and issue.key etc properly updated

When I try and copy past the same thing into Bulk Edit/Add Comment the format comes out exactly as show above with nothing updating and standard formatting etc.

Any ideas on how I can add a comment in Bulk Edit that allows me to retain formatting. Thanks. 

1 answer

1 vote
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2023

Hi,

Automation has its own language ({{issue.fields}}...), so it cannot be used in the bulk edit comment.

You need to use to default format provided by Jira but unfortunately there is no dynamic option to get the assignee name in the comment

Richard Imbrogno November 8, 2023

Thank you Mohamed. When you suggest "default format" is there anything formatting available at all? I try and format using this from Atlassian site and it gives me exact submitted text instead of changing any of the formats. Ideally, I just want to be able to highlight in bold. If there's a way to do that it would be very helpful. Thanks.

https://jira.wnst.int.bell.ca/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=texteffects

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events