Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't i download attachments from JIRA?

Lea S April 8, 2021

When accessing JIRA app from my phone, I used to be able to download images/videos. However, suddenly, I can't seem to do that. Every time i try to download, it says:

Download failed. To download files, allow this APP permission to access storage

I didn't change the app permission. And I can still upload files from storage. How can I solve this issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Richard Schmidt June 29, 2021

I had the same issue and found this post.  I tried the following which worked.   After you select the file rather than clicking the download button click the three dots in the top right and then select share.  You should then be able to select a file app such as cx file explorer and then save it to a folder location on your phone.

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Lea S ,

Are you using Jira Server and an Android phone? This sounds like a bug that was reported in early 2020 and later fixed. You can find information on it at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73686

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Lea S April 8, 2021

Hi, Scott

Thanks for this, but it doesn't work either, unfortunately. When i "tap and hold" an attachment, the only option i get is to "remove" it.

Lea S June 15, 2021

Hi, any update on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events