Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why can't a Service Desk admin see the agent issue view?

I and a colleague are both clearly administrators in a service management project. When I go to a queue and open an issue, I see the agent view, with all the fields on the side, etc. When he opens an issue, he sees a customer view. What am I missing? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Megan Moore -

Here are a few things you need to verify -

1) Are both of you listed as a member of the Administrator role for the JSM project?

2) Does both of you have agent license for JSM?

Can you provide screenshot sample on what you mean by "customer view".  Typically, Customer View represents the Portal view UI and the Agent View represents the issue view within the JSM project UI.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thank you.

1) Under this JSM project --> Settings --> People, I see us both listed as administrators.

2) How can I see if we both have an agent license?

Thanks!

@Megan Moore - 

Since you can access the JSM project directly and able conduct issue operation (i.e. EDIT issue), then it means that you have the agent license.

Please ask your team member if he/she can access the project directly just like what you can do.  If he/she can't, then they don't agent license.

You can also access "Jira Administration" >> "User management" UI and put in his/her name when you set "Jira Servie Management" for the Application Access field.  If he/she is not listed, then it means that they don't have agent license.  (Access to Jira Administration" option requires system admin right.  If you cannot see the option, then you will need to work with your system admin team to conduct the verification.)

2021-04-22_16-51-07.png2021-04-22_16-49-46.png

Hope this helps.  Lastly, if you can provide screenshot sample on what you mean by "customer view", it will give me more idea on what is going on.

Best, Joseph

Joseph -- thanks a ton. I actually have two screenshots.....one from his view a few days ago, which didn't have the side panel or look like an agent view of an issue (it looks like what you'd see as a logged-in customer), and one from this morning, which has the correct view. I checked all the parameters you mentioned (and had done all that before posting) and all licenses were correct. I am the System Admin, I changed nothing and the problem evaporated. Only thing I can figure is we were getting notifications that some admin features were down and being worked on.

In any case, I appreciate your time. I don't care why it's fixed, just that it's fixed! THANKS!

@Megan Moore -

Great... Can you kindly accept my answer?  It must been there were some system sync issues.

Best, Joseph

Done! Have a great day!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

857 views 30 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you