Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I add customers manually without them confirming their account?

Carl-Christian Knappe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2020

I am currently in the evaluation phase. I have created a project for a specific customer and I want to add user accounts for that customer to the project. 

First of all, I cannot create a "complete" account. I can only add an email address, and I also need to create this address so that the email can be verified. So I have to either create addresses or catchall addresses just to test this software.

And second, the email addresses receive no invitation mail, so I cannot even complete the registration. 

Is there a way for a sales rep to contact me?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2020

@Carl-Christian Knappe, as an admin you can created customers and add them to the project. The invite email sent to the customer is for them to go to the portal and create a password. The users are created in the software regardless. If the customer never goes to the portal they could still create an issue via email. You can find details about the user under Jira settings > user management > Jira service desk

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events