Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are service desk agents not getting a notification email on issue creation?

Corey Manshack November 6, 2019

I've already followed the following article and added every group and every person, including the 'service desk team' to the 'issue created' notification in the default notification scheme, none of us are getting notifications when a new issue is created. The notification helper says that I should be receiving notifications on issue created - yet no email received. We do get emails when we are watching an issue and it is updated by the client so I know emails are working.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-a-notification-scheme-776636401.html

Under 

Associating a notification scheme with a project or project board
there is no Project settings.  > Notifications. tab.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hello Corey,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

As per the details you provided, you are using a next-gen service desk project, and currently, this type of project is not associated with a notification scheme, that’s why you can’t associate the scheme with this project.

With that said, we have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates.

You can also use the workaround provided on the feature to alert agents when an issue is created.

Regards,
Angélica

Corey Manshack November 11, 2019

Thanks we setup the custom rule outlined in the issue, however it just inserts a note on the issue tagging each of us in the department and we get no email notification on this tag.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events