Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my request type icons all black and white now? Can I have the colourful ones back?

Ilana Wapniarski January 29, 2018

In Request Types, all the icons are now black and white.  Can this be reverted to the colourful ones we used to have?

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Hi Ilana,

Previously, the icons were colored randomly with little meaning and were incompatible with the new portal design so we decided to give them a makeover!

Having an icon set compatible with every brand's color scheme is difficult but we explored a few options, including making the request type icons inherit the portal's theme color.   In the end, we decided to go with greyscale for the following reasons:

• It matches all choices for the portal theme color / company branding
  • It does not overpower the user with the theme color

Existing request types will continue to show the old request type icons, they haven't gone anywhere and they won't change. However, if you try to change the icons for those existing request types, or if you create new ones, you will only be able to select from the new set of icons. As you would expect, new projects also receive the new icons by default.

If you want to continue using the old icon set, you can download the icons from our documentation and upload them as custom icons:

Want a custom color for the banner and request type icons? Download the source files and unleash your inner designer.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Cheers,

Branden

Ilana Wapniarski January 31, 2018

Thanks!  Those ones work.  Everyone here likes the coloured ones better.  :-)

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

I definitely understand.  Since you do have that feedback, if you're in the new JIRA experience please click on your Avatar > Give Feedback and let our developers know this so they can take that into considerations in future iterations:

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 2.19.15 PM.png

I understand the reasoning behind the change but if there is a lot of feedback regarding this it may be possible for them to find a different color scheme that works just as well.

Cheers,

Branden

Like Ilana Wapniarski likes this
Amanpreet Singh April 8, 2021

Hi

Is there any way to change the icon of existing request type in Jira Service project

Amanpreet Singh April 8, 2021

Hi there, 

Is there any way to add voting for my continious service improvement. So that people can vote for existing requests.

Ubaid Eusuf Zai September 13, 2023

Hi @Ilana Wapniarski 

Late to the party. Could you help me find the link to the color icons? I canät find them on my own.

Regards,

Ubaid

Like Gary Ropers likes this
Gary Ropers September 20, 2023

Same here.  Where can we get the colored icons for the "Request Types"

Gary

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events