Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why are my request type icons all black and white now? Can I have the colourful ones back?

In Request Types, all the icons are now black and white.  Can this be reverted to the colourful ones we used to have?

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Ilana,

Previously, the icons were colored randomly with little meaning and were incompatible with the new portal design so we decided to give them a makeover!

Having an icon set compatible with every brand's color scheme is difficult but we explored a few options, including making the request type icons inherit the portal's theme color.   In the end, we decided to go with greyscale for the following reasons:

• It matches all choices for the portal theme color / company branding
  • It does not overpower the user with the theme color

Existing request types will continue to show the old request type icons, they haven't gone anywhere and they won't change. However, if you try to change the icons for those existing request types, or if you create new ones, you will only be able to select from the new set of icons. As you would expect, new projects also receive the new icons by default.

If you want to continue using the old icon set, you can download the icons from our documentation and upload them as custom icons:

Want a custom color for the banner and request type icons? Download the source files and unleash your inner designer.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Cheers,

Branden

Thanks!  Those ones work.  Everyone here likes the coloured ones better.  :-)

I definitely understand.  Since you do have that feedback, if you're in the new JIRA experience please click on your Avatar > Give Feedback and let our developers know this so they can take that into considerations in future iterations:

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 2.19.15 PM.png

I understand the reasoning behind the change but if there is a lot of feedback regarding this it may be possible for them to find a different color scheme that works just as well.

Cheers,

Branden

Like Ilana Wapniarski likes this

Hi

Is there any way to change the icon of existing request type in Jira Service project

Hi there, 

Is there any way to add voting for my continious service improvement. So that people can vote for existing requests.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Mindville Insight is now part of Jira Service Management!

Hello Community! We’re excited to announce that Mindville Insight’s asset and configuration management capabilities will now be integrated into Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise plan...

730 views 12 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you