Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my custom request types not appearing in the list of email request types I can choose from?

zachm February 21, 2020

The only request type I can choose for my email requests in "Bug" but I want to use the less specific "General" request type and then assign it down to something more specific from there.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

@zachm Where are you not able to select the custom request types in the email request types could you please explain a little more about the issue so that I can help you on this.

zachm February 21, 2020

Sure thing. I go to Project Settings > Email Requests and I click the three dots in the top right-hand corner, which brings up a drop-down and I select "Configure email request types". Each of my request emails are listed on the modal that appears, and each one has an associated option selector for choosing the request type to be associated with that email request.

The only request type available, however, is Bug. There are 2 email requests (connections?) on this project, and I want1 of them to be Bug and the other to be General, but neither option selector has an option for the General request type I created (Project settings > Request Types).

This is a classic service desk project with 4 users on it, if that makes any difference.

Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

Ahhh I see I know why it might be happening, the reason you might have made more than one field mandatory on the request types which you created. To be able to link a request type with the email request only the Summary field can be mandatory if you make the other fields mandatory apart from Summary field they would appear on the "Not suitable for email" section below which means that you can still use them in the portal but not through email.

The reason is because if you have other fields apart from Summary marked mandatory the email would not be converted into a tickets in JSD, when a new email comes in the Subject of the email goes into the Summary and the Body of the email goes into the description and since Summary is a required field in Jira so just go into your request types and make make all the other fields in that request as not required and that shoudl solve you issue.

Hope that helps!!

Like Pieter Wouter Hartog likes this
zachm February 21, 2020

A-ha! The only field I had listed on the request type was the summary and it was required, but if the email request turns the body into the description, it would not have a field to add that body to. All I needed was to add Description to the request type and it solved my problem. Thanks for helping!

Like # people like this
olabasti June 1, 2020

Thanks!

Walker White December 18, 2020

In my situation, I deleted the default email request Request Type, then later decided to re-create one.   When I created a new request, it only put the "Summary" field into the Visible Fields under Request Type > Request form, no "Description".  Upon reading this thread, I added "Description" to the Visible Fields, but still no luck.

To resolve, I added "Attachment" as well to Visible Fields under the Request Type > Request form, and it worked.  It makes sense to me that an inbound email request should (or must) have an "Attachment" field.

Like Mehrnaz likes this
Mehrnaz May 18, 2022

Thanks @Walker White your solution saved my day!

0 votes
Eric Barnes March 19, 2020

This solved my problem as well. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events