• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why are closed tickets showing up in open requests?

Hi,

Why are does the open requests not filter out those that are marked as resolved/closed?

I tired following the information on this page but it appears out of date for the current version of Jira service desk.

ServiceDeskStatus.PNG

The Status that we have has the "Category" set to done, but there seem to be no other ways of controlling this!? 

ServiceDeskStatus_02.PNG

Once again very frustrating that stuff gets updated on Jira but without proper documentation :( 

Thanks in advance if you're able to help!  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Tom Feist-Wilson,

This is because the issues don't have a value set for Resolution. Open requests are not based on the status of your requests, but on there being a value in the resolution field.

You'll have to make sure that a status transition to a done status in your workflow also fills out the resolution. That can be done through a post function where that resolution is set automaticallu (Update issue field) or by requiring your users to enter a resolution value in a transition screen. 

Ahhhhh, I see now! Thank you. 

I see that it's the transition that controls the resolution, not the status itself!! I was looking everywhere in the workflows and in status to see how to set it from the status.

For the benefit of others that may find this post in the future:

On the Workflows page you have to go to the Diagram tab of the workflow when you're editing it, then it helps to check on the "Show transition labels", then click on the text of the transition label to show the options and Post Functions is shown at the bottom. Image attached below:

ServiceDeskStatus_03.PNG

Ps: Sorry for the whinging :P (I have found out of date info in the past, but not this time, I just needed to understand the nuance of transition and status better!)

0 votes

That page you've found is not out of date. 

Take a look at the three closed-but-not issues - what is their resolution set to?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

170 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you