Where do I configure my Kanban board in Jira Service Management?

T Waanders April 4, 2021

Hi all,

So I am looking for a solution for my consulting team and it looks like the Atlassian suite best matches our requirements:
- A request portal internal and external stakeholders (Jira Service Management)
- A knowledge base (Confluence)

But I am missing a third feature:
- A way to assign tickets to the team and work using Kanban (????) 
I cannot find a way to create a Kanban board (similar to Jira Software, Trello and many other software solutions). Where can I find this feature? 

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2021

@T Waanders -

Hi there:

By default, JSM project doesn't offer the concept of Kanban, it is using Queues concept in managing issues.  However, you should be able to create a Kanban board via a different way -  Please refer to this kb posting - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/kanban-boards-for-jira-service-desk-cloud-1001823609.html

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2021

Forgot to mention that you will need Jira software license too to be able to create the Kanban board, as it is for Jira software projects (by default).  The kb article just give you an workaround.  So if you only have JSM, then the workaround is not applicable for your ask.  

JSM doesn't have all the functionality that one uses in Jira software (and vice-versa that Jira software doesn't have all the functionality that one uses in JSM).

Best, Joseph

Like # people like this
2 votes
Heather Brown June 25, 2021

Hello. According to Atlassian support, the best way to get attention on this issue is to comment on the following suggestion:

It is currently in the "Gathering Interest" phase of their workflow. Please spread the word, and take a moment to comment on this ticket.

Thanks,

Heather

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events