Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I store customer information (contact name, organization adress, phone number) ?

Denise Riopel March 9, 2020

I want Service Desk to manage my customers requests on different products.  Where can I manage customer organization information (address, phone, contacts)?  I dont want the customer user entering this information for every requests.  Can it be pre-populated?

Is there a difference between Cloud and Server installation in terms of customers data informations functionalities?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hello @Denise Riopel ,

It sounds like you are trying to set up a CRM style system within Jira, to track additional account details on the customer accounts.

Check out the following KB article that discusses this and offers up a few solutions:

The main focus point in the KB article is that Jira is not designed to manage user data outside the users profile that is managed by the end user, so not suited for CRM style systems, however there is a native option covered in the kb via user property, but the best options are to look at add-ons designed to work as a CRM tool and there are some suggestions in the KB for this as well.

Regards,
Earl

Denise Riopel March 10, 2020

Thanks we will look at add-ons.  

Denise

MrUpsidown July 18, 2022

@Earl McCutcheon 

1. Your link is dead
  2. You seem to be mixing CUSTOMERS with USERS which are 2 different things
  3. There is no CUSTOMER properties
0 votes
Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

We also have an app enabling you to capture information centrally about your organisations. Define you fields centrally, populate your database, then use the information in context within Jira issues!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222515/crumbs-simple-crm-for-jira-and-jsm?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2020

Also, if you're looking for a lightweight CRM to store this kind of information in the Atlassian Suite, I would recommend checking out the Crmble Power-Up for Trello. It does exactly what you're describing with being able to store contact details in a board and it syncs with a few different sources. Here's a template if you want to try it out for yourself!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events