Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the gadgets and reports in SD Server?

Ilsa Loving August 14, 2020

By default, Service Desk Cloud provides a number of gadgets and reports.  We've just installed an on-prem version of Service Desk and all these gadgets are missing.

Why are they missing, and how do I add them?  I found a list of gadgets (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GADGETS/All+Atlassian+Gadgets#AllAtlassianGadgets-DisplayingJIRADatainaGadget)  I can add but none of them pertain to Service Desk.

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Nader - Isos Technology
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2020

Hi llsa,

When adding gadgets to the dashboard in Jira, they always fail to fully load for me. It always looks like this, and I have to hit the "Load all gadgets" button. 

Once they all load you should have 2 gadgets specific to Service Desk projects, "Filter counts" and "Service desk report"

Hope this helps!

Nick

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 10.15.59 AM.png

Ilsa Loving August 14, 2020

Using Load All Gadgets gives me a large set of Jira gadgets, but there is nothing for Service Desk.

Filter Counts and Service Desk Report are both still missing.

Nick Nader - Isos Technology
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2020

llsa,

Looks like there are some known issues for this out there depending no your Server version. Do you happen to know what version your instance is on? If not the latest, I would recommend updating the instance. 

Here is one of the known issues to check out: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-gadget-missing-790629281.html

Ilsa Loving August 19, 2020

We are using the latest possible release as of a week ago.  Note that we are not missing all gadgets.  I see a large list when I click "Load All Gadgets".  But I do not see the ServiceDesk gadgets.

sd_gadget.pnga

As you can see, there is no ServiceDesk section.  And if I browse "All", I do not see the expected "Filter Counts" and "Service Desk Report" gadgets.

Sue Webber August 20, 2020

I have the exact same problem. Has anyone found the cause?

Ilsa Loving August 21, 2020

I've opened a ticket with support.  I'll report back when I have an answer.

Like Sue Webber likes this
Ilsa Loving August 26, 2020

Okay, I've received the answer from Atlassian.  The gadgets are outright unavailable on the server version and they have no plans to ever add them.

There are multiple feature requests such as here (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-222) which is over 7 years old and has a large number of votes yet they've added the functionality to cloud first and there is zero indication of an ETA for server.

Between this and a number of other issues I've run into, it really feels like Atlassian is intentionally sabotaging their on-premise product in order to push people to their cloud service.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events