Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to use the Slack integration /jira create issue gets created but Slack gets an Oops!

Lucas Kattis September 30, 2019

I have integrated Slack with JIRA Service Desk. When I do a /jira create command I fill the form and click create. 

I get:

Oops! We tried to create an issue in Jira but weren't able to. Please try again or click the below button to manually create an issue.

but the issue gets created in service desk.

(I have looked for required fields but I cannot find any except issue type)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lucas Kattis October 1, 2019

So my issue was with the workflow. There was a post function referring to a custom field that did not exist anymore.

1 vote
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2020

Nice trouble-shooting Lucas. Since you mentioned required fields, I wanted to let you know that the Jira + Slack integration now supports creating issues with required fields from Slack!

Previously, you could only fill out a Summary + Description which meant we couldn't support issue types with required fields. Now, the integration can dynamically pull in your fields based on project/issue type, and you can fill out those required fields without leaving Slack!

As a caveat, right now we're supporting fields that cover most use cases, there are still a few that may not work today.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events