When I try to add a customer to a request using "Add People" I get an error "The user cannot be found"

Marc Pflieger September 21, 2015

The user is a customer in my service desk, and my permissions allows ANY user of JIRA to be a participant.

when I view the issue NB-2357 in JIRA, the "Request Participants" field does not show. The story and request type are set.

So to try and add the participant I click to view the issue in the portal.  Once there I try to "Add People" and find jacklyn@mtouton.com in the list. When I click the user name, it gives the error "The user cannot be found"

It is strange that the issues in my project do not display the "Request Participants" field in JIRA, as well as give that error when trying to add the user when viewing the issue in the portal.  I am not sure what is wrong.

Thank you,

Marc

3 answers

1 vote
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

Hi Marc,

This problem might be related with the index that isn't up to date. Since you're running Cloud, you might want to reach out our team to fix this problem for you, you can open a support case here: https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,
WZ

0 votes
MAFIA 乂 ALEX January 23, 2022

Hii

0 votes
Karan Khosla October 13, 2021

hii

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events