Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will be the best solution to create a ticket queue system?

Alexander T. December 3, 2020

I need to create a system with 3 roles: admin, client, operator.
Basically the client will make a request of the operation from the list set up by the admin and operator will perform those operations.

I would like to find a solution that will satisfy the following conditions:
1. Clients request operations from a predefined list.
2. Additional parameters can be entered for each operation. The parameters for different types of operations are different.
3. After the operation is requested, the request is queued.
4. Several queues for requests with different priorities. 
5. Setting up SLA for each type of operation.
6. Reporting (start / end time of the request, the percentage of requests exceeding the set time threshold, etc.)

Opportunities that I would like to have too:
7. The operator does not think about what request to perform. The algorithm determines which request should be executed next (baseline is the oldest request with the highest priority) and the operator only sees it
8. Changing the order of requests in the queue of one priority and transferring requests to the queue of other priorities.
9. Approval system: the generated request will not be queued until an approval is received from another client / admin. Accordingly, the one who must give the approval have to receive a notification about this (maybe this could be an additional queue of the requests that need approval). 
10. The expected execution time of each request seen by the client based on the set execution time for one request and the number of requests (different execution times are set for the different request types)
11. Queues should be updated in real time.
12. One request can contain several operations. So, expected time to perform the request should depend on the amount of operations in the request. The amount of operations in the request could be defined by the client (better count it automatically but I have no idea how for now).

Can you please tell me what will be the best solution and maybe give some advices how to set up that system? Is it even possible to do with Jira Service Management?

3 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Alexander T. 

It sounds like Jira Service Management would fit what you need.

Check out their product page: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management

You can find out everything you need, and start a trial from there.  If you have any questions the just drop them in the Community and we will try to help.

Regards, Liam

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Well this is indeed what JSM does. I would recommend you review the online documentation that Atlassian provides at support.Atlassian.net to better understand how it maps to your scenario.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Alexander T. ,

All of these are available by simply installing or using Jira Service Desk (Jira Service Management). Create a Service Desk project from one of the templates that suits you the best.

Usually all the Service Desk projects are organized using Service Desk Team (or Operators) Service Desk Clients and the Administrators role.

From there, you can customize the queues, SLAs, issues available and many more. Also be aware that you can set up different views or forms for the customers using the Request Type.

Most of the points requested by you are available in Jira Service Mangement.

Useful links:

Product itself: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management

Resources: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/resources

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders