Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the limit for sending an email request attachment?

Melanie Bodiford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2020

I setup a service desk and I am trying to use the email that was setup to send requests in.  I sent over three attachments to the email and it bounced back the email because one of the attachments was 18MB.  I removed this one and then it sent the request it I then was able to add this attachment to the request.  Why is this happening?

1 answer

1 vote
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2020

Hello @Melanie Bodiford ,

you can set up attachment limit in Settings -> System -> Attachments - default is 10 MB.

Also please note that some email services have limit on attachment size, for example Gmail has a limit 25 MB.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam

Melanie Bodiford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2020

I checked and the setting in my system is 1,024MB so I think I am OK with this.

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2020

Hello @Melanie Bodiford ,

okay, so maybe the problem is email service. What email service are you using?

Adam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events