Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to manage customer attributes in JIRA?

Himanshu Nanda October 4, 2020

What we're looking for is a CRM plugin that can contain all customer information like services, products, other custom purchases/attributes etc.

And then the ability to import these attributes as a select list in issues.

E.g. If Customer 1 has products A, B, C, D, E applicable to them - the products custom field I create in JSD for this CRM attribute, should be able to show a dropdown, to select the product while raising the ticket.

Been trying "CRM for JIRA" - but that imports the field as a single value, or comma separated (all) values. Tried "Atlas CRM" as well but it doesn't have such a feature at all.

(To the best of my understanding)

Is there any marketplace plugin that caters to this (Assumingly) common requirement, with ease?

** and something that perhaps supports cascading list. While raising a ticket I'd want to select only those products specific to a customer, and then only those components (child) specific to the product (parent)

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

Hi @Himanshu Nanda

Check out our app STAGIL Assets - Advanced Links!

Same features as Insight, but using native Jira features and all of that at a much lower price. So you don't have to learn anything new about object schemas, etc. Just use the standard Jira features, schemes, etc.

Many of our customers use our app for the use case you described.

Feel free to contact us at https://support.stagil.com/ for any help with setting it up!

Dan
STAGIL 

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2020

Hi @Himanshu Nanda ,

If i read through the use-case and ignore for a moment that is is CRM specific data I feel like Insight might already do the trick. As it sounds like you just need metadata that is selectable in JIRA when raising or handling a ticket.

As a customizable (Asset/Config)Management Database we often use it to store (and retrieve) that specific data.

You could

• set up an Object Schema with the objects and attributes that you want
    • attributes could be
      • the services/products
      • tier of support
      • purchases (you can add the PO's or line items as a seperate object)
  • Use a user attribute to link it to a user (or the user to the items such as products/services)
  • And then use an Insight Custom field to dynamically filter out what you need to show to the agent or end user

I feel that the CRM plugins on the marketplace are more used as a means of providing metadata to the agent (such as support Tier or customer information) but doesn't really allow the customer to select something they want/own.

Himanshu Nanda October 5, 2020

@Dirk Ronsmans 

Thanks, I did take a look at Insight - turns out to be very costly for us since it would need 250 licenses, same as my JIRA installation. Will revisit perhaps if we venture into having a plugin for asset mgmt / CMDB as well.

Unless there is a lite version for just maintaining basic attributes like my use case?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

Hi @Himanshu Nanda ,

As far as I know there is no light version available and indeed the cost would be that of your highest tier.

It is a "large" cost initially but the perpetual license model and 50% maintenance the next year is a nice drop off too.

If you do go the route of CMDB I'd really take another look at Insight.

I'll let it rattle around in my brain for a moment and see if I can come up with another workaround and get back to you if I do :)

Like Himanshu Nanda likes this
Mark John Hiemstra
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2020

Hey @Himanshu Nanda , just to piggyback on what @Dirk Ronsmans is saying, you might want to check out this case study on the Mindville website. The PDF version at the bottom of that page has some screenshots that go a little bit deeper into how it was done with Insight. Cheers! 

Himanshu Nanda October 8, 2020

Thanks @Mark John Hiemstra and @Dirk Ronsmans 

I'd love to eventually venture into a use case of a CMDB solution and use Insight for it. But without that use case at the moment, this seems like an overspend.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2020

You might take a look at elements previously known as Nfeed. It allows you to connect to an external database And pull in any data that you wish to into that Jira  ticket. Well I have not used it myself I have seen a recent demo and was impressed with how it worked.  With that said I would encourage you to search the marketplace as there are other good add-ons that could accomplish your goals. 

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2020

Thanks for the recommendation @Jack Brickey 

@Himanshu NandaIf you want to test out Elements Connect, you can try our free demo portal to see what it looks like to populate custom fields from various data sources. We have several different use cases set up, including fetching data from Salesforce and Hubspot CRMs. You just need to create a free account in order to use the portal.

Elements Connect demo portal

Himanshu Nanda October 5, 2020

@[deleted] @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ 

Thanks, I've taken a look at elements, but we don't really have an external data source for customer management. So building it via a plugin itself would have been useful. Will take a demo though, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events