Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best practice method to tracking support tickets for a new client?

Patrick Walker November 20, 2020

Hello,
I need your advice on the best practice method for adding tracking of tickets for a new client we've taken on. In other words, we'll now be tracking support ticket for an external company in addition to our own internal users.

I think I need to create a new project, instead of adding an organisation to an existing project?

I need help in setting up a new project. I've forgotten how to do it.

We've taken on a new client, called ABC Technologies, and will begin tracking support tickets for them.

I have created a new Project, called ABC, but can't add, and invite, the individual users.

I think I need to add an Organization, but not sure how.

-Pat

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

IMO...

• definitely create a unique project to keep internal separate from external. there are lots of reasons for this but they depend on your exact scenario. still i'm confident in my statement here regardless.
  • organizations are only required if you ultimately will have multiple clients (groups of customers). Organizations will keep your clients separate w/in the single project.
  • you mention "...can't add, and invite, individual users". what does this mean? Are you saying you can't add Customers? If so, please explain what is happening.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events