Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What file types does JSDSERVER support when receiving communications from customers?

Meagan December 11, 2019

Hi Community,

Hoping you can help us solve this one:

We're using JSD on server without the portal.  We've been sending and receiving customer communications just fine (we built our own file uploader in AWS to transport files after running into the known JSD limitations with attachments). 

We recently had a customer respond with an .eml file that didn't pull into the Jira ticket.  So, now I'm looking for a list of all non-supported files types for JSD.  What CAN'T the system accept when a customer responds?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

It can "accept" all file types as attachments, and will do so by default.

If you've lost an attachment, it's going to be because something on the server not liking it, not JSD

Meagan December 12, 2019

Thank you, Nic!  I'll turn my attention to the server and see if we can do more troubleshooting there.

Meagan December 12, 2019

Was able to rule that out very quickly.  The attachment landed in the associated email inbox fine, so it's not being blocked by the server.  It just wasn't picked up when JSD processed that email.  

Any additional thoughts with that info?

Meagan December 12, 2019

We're thinking it's a weird character in the attachment name.  

Like Joel likes this
Joel December 12, 2019

Windows: anything except ASCII's control characters and \/:*?"<>|

Linux, OS-X: anything except null or /

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events