Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you set for the mapping of a reference attribute when performing a Jira Assets CSV import?

David Quiram February 9, 2023

I am planning on mass importing assets via CSV. One of the attributes we have setup in our object type is a reference to another object in a different schema. 

When setting up the attribute mapping, the field tells me: "When specifying an attribute referencing to another object the reference AQL must be supplied"

The documentation provided isn't super specific on how to go about figuring this step out. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Riley Venable _Atlas Bench_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023
You can use the Object Mapping (Assets Query Language (AQL)) column to enter AQL that maps the label of the reference to a placeholder for the data locator. If you are mapping only one reference from the data, enter Label = ${Locator} where Locator is replaced by the name of the Locator. If you are mapping multiple references from the data, enter Label IN (${Locator${0}}) where Locator is replaced by the name of the Locator.
David Quiram February 21, 2023

Thank you for this information. I didn't get notified to your response, so I had opened a case with support asking the same question. 

The problem with the documentation and your answer is that "Label" and "Locator" don't really tell me much contextually. Saying "Locator is replaced by the name of the Locator" is basically self-referencing and not very descriptive. I'm sorry if I'm ignorant of Jira vocabulary standards if those terms are common knowledge. 

The support agent was able to put it into different terminology that made so much more sense to me.

AQL should be "Attribute Name from the schema you are linking to" = ${Header Name used in CSV} 

Like # people like this
Alan Williams February 16, 2024

How would this look if the attribute were in a different shared schema?

David Quiram February 19, 2024

@Alan Williams It would be the same. When you setup the attribute, that's where you establish the link to the other schema. 

The CSV upload feature only cares about the data and that it can match it to a record via the link that was established. 

If that didn't address your question, provide more context and I might be able to give you a better answer. 

0 votes
Simon Sahli March 13, 2024

Just to clarify with an example, which might help some.

Usually you will use an AQL like Name =${Type} for the case where you want to link to an object, since you look for the Name of the object. 
So in this case I look for the name of the type in the "data source field", which is the import file (.csv or whatever).
Just try this with your attribute name for "Type":

Asset_import_AQL.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events