cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are you missing on JSD cloud?

Kate Pawlak [Appsvio]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm a hard user of Jira Service Desk Server. I know that it's not the perfect solution but combining with apps and some workarounds (or tricks ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™€๏ธ), it's great! ๐Ÿ‘Œ Now, I'm spending more time on Cloud version because I see that Atlassian promotes it a lot (especially during Summit). I was counting on fantastic service desk... And I'm a little bit disappointed. The same shortcomings have been moved from the server to the cloud. For example, I still have to click every request type manually to configure them...

What is your feeling? What functionalities are you missing on JSD Cloud?

I know that Atlassian has its platform for complaining but I don't feel that anyone is reading issues there. This community is more active ๐Ÿ’ช

1 comment

Jens April 21, 2020

One thing I find lacking on JSD Cloud is proper release management. I read the release notes but there are items there that have been "Rolling out" for months and months. It is impossible to know when a change will hit your specific tenant. Often it takes a very long time.

Also - free plugins. This may have changed since I used Jira on-premise a couple of years ago, but some people actually made free plugins. No such thing for cloud. Although many of them are relatively cheap, it all adds up.

I could also say "Proper service desk software", but I won't go there... :-)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events