Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the best practices to consider to scale a Portal to multiple countries?

Antony Delgado April 27, 2021

Hello everyone!

In our company we started with Jira Service Desk for the Mexico team, we soon understood how important this tool was for everyone and we developed more projects in Service Desk, now we scale to other countries and we have the need to do projects in those countries.

We are in doubt as to what should be the best approach to scale our Portal to other countries.

Is it possible to show or hide projects according to the country where the customer is located? We do not want to have so many modules to show a user if in his country he only has to use a couple of them.

I hope you can share your experiences in these scenarios and understand how was the best approach to solve it, if you know of a product that allows you to scale, I will also appreciate the information.

2 answers

0 votes
Antony Delgado May 24, 2021

Thanks @Benjamin !
I'm checking more details of this add-on

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

HI @adelgadox-kvk . It depends on your requirements. Sometimes services are universal regardless where you are located. If its really unique per country, maybe should create a portal for each location or region and have designate teams to handle each portal. However, if you do see a common theme of services for x number of countries, you can consolidate the portals for those areas. 

Hope this helps.

Antony Delgado April 28, 2021

Thanks @Benjamin 

Is it possible to create a portal for each country? I think it's great

I was searching about it but I can't find any solution (setting or plugin)

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

This can be done out of the box. What you could do is create a project with a new portal. Then just add the customer or organizations of that country accordingly to the project. 

Here's an add-on suggestion if you need extend further the customization of your service desk:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=support

Like Antony Delgado likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events