Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What allows or prevents an email address logging tickets by email

martin.phillpot October 6, 2020

Hi, I'm having a problem with sending emails to JIRA and having them turn in to tickets. The problem is that some accounts can send email and have tickets created and other addresses can't.

Can anyone tell me why this might be or if there is a way to whitelist senders?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2020

Hello @martin.phillpot

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description and tags in your question, I believe you are using a Jira service desk project and adding customers to properly create tickets through email. Is that correct?

If that's correct, I suggest the following steps to properly troubleshoot why some customers are not being able to create requests through email:

1. Follow the troubleshooting steps of the documentation below:
    How to troubleshoot issues with the email channel 
  2. Ensure you have added the customers to the project or allowed them to properly sign-up:
    Customer permissions for your service desk and Jira site 
  3. Jira incoming handler is configured with an email processor that blocks emails with some specific headers (E.g: auto-submitted headers contain the keywords auto-generated, auto-replied, or auto-notified.).
    Check if the emails sent are added with those headers:
    How does Jira Service Desk process email requests? 
  4. About the customers that are not being able to create requests, can you confirm if they are using a common email domain (Outlook, Gmail, etc)? 
  5. Can you confirm if you configured a custom incoming email address in your service desk project or are you still using the default one?

Let us know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Dale Howard November 25, 2020

I believe we have a similar issue. The user in question used to have a Jira license, now taken away but remains within our list of users as inactive. As the user is inactive they cannot be added as a service desk customer. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events