Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekends not selectable in a date time picker (portal)

Dorian Schauwers April 14, 2023

Hello the community,

We have face many time the same problem: when submitting a ticket/request through the portal, clients choose the weekend when they are asked which date is desired. However, as we are not working the weekend, we would like to make it impossible (see attachment).

Is it a way to make impossible to select weekend dates in a custom field "Date time picker"? (and from the portal or not?)

Thank you for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

Hi @Dorian Schauwers 

Unfortunately Jira does not have much functionality to respect working days, so I do not believe it's possible to block these days out from being selected.

However you could create an automation rule which changes the date selected if it is a weekend:

The trigger would either be when the issue is created or when your date field is changed (I have used the due date field in my example, but this could be replaced with your Desired Deadline field.

You could then add in a couple of conditions using smart values to check if the selected date is a Saturday or a Sunday.

duedate1.png

If a Saturday or Sunday has been selected, then you can use another smart value in an action to edit the date field to set the date back to the Friday before the weekend (you could also use plusBusinessDays(1) here if you wanted to set it to the Monday rather than the Friday)duedate2.png

Hope this helps!

Dorian Schauwers April 17, 2023

Hello

Yes, we were thinking implementing something similar if our need was not feasible. This functionality could really help us!

Thank you for your alternative and your help,

Dorian 

Jeya February 9, 2024

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ 

Having problem in restricting Weekend dates, could you please check below screen shot, where we went wrong.

"Testing ETA" is a field as there is a space between words, i have used custom field no.

Restrict Weekend Date selection .png

When:

When Create & Edit.png

Thanks & Regards,

Jeya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events