Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to link kanban board to jira service project

Amanpreet Singh April 7, 2021

Hi there i was trying to link a new kanban board to my service project, but not sure i am not able to do. So i was wondering is there any way to do that. 

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

@Amanpreet Singh -

For JSM/JSD projects, the only way to link a Kanban board to it is by adding the board URL as a link under the "Project Shortcuts" section.  It is because Kanban/Scrum board is designed for Jira software project and not for JSM/JSD project.  In JSM/JSD projects, users manage the issues via queues and not boards.

2021-04-07_17-11-48.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Amanpreet Singh April 7, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin Thanks for thatScreenshot 2021-04-08 122252.png

Hi there you mean by adding here? So the web address will be URL for board and what could be in the name? After adding this will all the new requests come on the kanban board automatically?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

You can add any relevant name or the Board Name and add the Board Link as Joseph mentioned.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events