You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I am trying to create different Resolved workflow transitions using based on the "Customer Request Type". I want to make certain fields required for certain Customer Request Types.
I am using the field value Condition.
However, I cannot get it to show.
Has anyone had any experience getting this to work?
As others have pointed out, you need to use a String compare on OptionID.
Getting the customer request type keys on cloud can be done as follows (screenshots below):
1) get issue ID (not key) by hovering over the "move","convert to subtask", or other ption from the ".." dropdown.
2) Pass this to the endpoint `/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/request/<<issue-ID>>/request-types` in your browser
3) Note the *portal key* and *key* in the response
4) Combine those in form `<portalKey>/<key>` in the workflow condition
Step 1 - get issue id
Step 2 Request Type "keys"
Step 4 - set condition
If you switch to the old issue view in cloud instead of the new layout, you can get the ID using the hover method described. I have not found a way to get the issue ID in the new layout.
Hi all, This doesn't work for me even though I followed steps and everything was as expected, set the condition like this and then it just doesn't appear where it should. How could I troubleshoot this?
Nevermind, it works as expected, I miscopied the ID :)
P.S. You can easily get issue ID from new issue view by selecting ... Export XML, then reading it in XML in line <key id="47542">EXAMPLE-123</key>
Hey I think I have a solution for you here. Prerequisite - install Scriptrunner as you will need the ScriptRunner console. Then:
1. create a ticket from the portal form (to later get the Request Type)
2. open script runner and run the following script for that issue
of course, replace INTSD-50X with the number of your issue. Leave the rest as it is above.
3. See the ID (intsd/something as in your case intsd will be replaced by the ID of your project)
4. go to the validator and select to validate by ID, enter the ID from the script runner result there to represent the Request Type which was used to create the issue in the first place
Just to clarify, are you trying to get certain fields to show up on the screen based on the issue type chosen?
If that is the case you're going to need to look into an add-on such as ScriptRunner or Bob Swift CLI.
In addition, since JIRA does not change views based on selection in that manner I would also advise you create a Suggestion at JAC and post the link here so the Community can vote on it.