Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Customer Request Type in Behaviour

Russell Stadler March 13, 2020

What's the "right" way to determine the current request type form being used for the purpose of a dynamic behaviour?  

For example, I have two Request Types that both have the same underlying Select List (Single) field on them, but I want to show different options in that field based on the Request Type being used.  

Is this exposed somewhere easy to use?  I was about to do something weird with trying to look at the URL and go by the ID number after "create/" in the URL but this seems bad.  

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mazen AKIKI _Infosysta_ October 8, 2020

Hi this suggestion worked for me if (getRequestTypeName() == 'IT Help')

hope this helps!

Mazen

David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

@Mazen AKIKI _Infosysta_ 

Would you be able to provide an example of how you scripted this?

I am wanting to limit the Resolutions based on the Customer Request Type.

Thanks

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

@Mazen AKIKI _Infosysta_ - this suggestion is the way to go! Thanks for posting this.

@David Harkins - answering your question for others who might be curious: 

if (getRequestTypeName() == 'Request Type Form Name #1') {

your ScriptRunner logic here

}

if (getRequestTypeName() == 'Request Type Form Name #2') {

your ScriptRunner logic here

}
Like 3digits - Desarrollo likes this
3digits - Desarrollo January 18, 2024

Thanks @Dave Liao it woks for me!

1 vote
Jordan McCombs August 11, 2020

Hey, Russell.

Did you ever find a way to do this in 1 script instead of having a script per request type? I'm trying to implement a similar setup.

0 votes
Russell Stadler March 16, 2020

Well, the ugly workaround I've proceeded with for now was to define separate behaviours, each with its own unique initialiser, and simply map each request type to a different behaviour. 

This yields the desired effect, albeit in a painful to maintain way. 

Marc Jason Mutuc March 18, 2020

I'm having a similar problem as well. Behaviours doesn't show the newly created Customer Request Type. I've already done a reindex and still it won't show the new Customer Request Types.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events