Users listed in CC field not receiving emails...

Eric Blair November 9, 2011

My screen has the CC field. The CC field has that screen assigned to it. When I add my name to the CC field and enter a test comment in an issue and click Update button, I do not receive the email.

I can't see what else could be wrong here. Anyone have any advice of where I might look to resolve this?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

There are 2 things that you can check

1. The field is included in the notification schemes

2. Check if you have subscribed to your own changes. This is an option you can set in your profile and the default is not to receive mails for own changes!

Thank you Jobin for your reply! The field was not part of the notification scheme, I added it, but still no email is sent to me, or to anyone else I place in that field.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

If notifications are correctly setup, I am not sure why the mail is not sent! I would recheck to see if the field is added for the correct events or not and then see if it is associated with the project you are using.

I'm thinking the email service in Jira might be choked up. Will have to check with Admins on that.

0 votes
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2011

This is an old troubleshooting guide, but still helpful. I'd run through the suggestions there to be sure. Also, make sure the cc'd users have the 'Browse Project' permission, sometimes that can do it as well.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA040/Troubleshoot+Mail+Notification+Problems

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events