cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users get redirected to customer portal when trying to access agent view

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2020

Hi

We have a servicedesk project were users without a license (anonymous access basically) are allowed to view the tickets in the project. This was meant so that certain people that don't require a Jira license, could still see the tickets and ALL of the details. I know this isn't the way to go about it, we should use request participants instead, but I believe this was setup for other reasons as well, but I don't quite remember them.

We've now noticed that whenever we give them the URL for the agent view, if they were logged in on the customer portal before and their session is still active, that the agent URL forwards them to the portal instead. Is this because of a cookie?

When they log out from the portal and browse to the agent view URL again, it works fine. Does someone know if this is based on their cookies and whether or not we can disable this functionality?

Thanks in advance!

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2020

Hello @Jorden Van Bogaert 

This sounds like a really weird setup but it is exactly as you describe. The browser remembers the login info and redirects them to the portal.

Have you tried using incognito mode in your browser to open the URL? This should not save any cookies and they should not be redirected unless they login.

Best regards,

Alexander

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2020

Hi @Alexander Ling 

Thanks for confirming! 

Yeah, I don't quite remember why it was setup this way, and I've also launched the question internally about switching it to the expected setup with Request Participants, but I'll have to see what the response is on that.

Incognito mode should work, personally I'd use that, but some people don't really expect it to work this way and don't try clearing cookies or going into incognito, so I was more thinking of possibilities to make it 'fool-proof' ^^

Anyways, I agree that the setup is a little weird ;)

Thanks again for your response!

Like # people like this
Dawn Fama June 16, 2020

Just curious if you have an ldap directory configured as well.  I didn’t see this behavior until I set 2 options for user object scheme to copy user on login and copy user attributes. Then I had the same issue you are having.  Service desk agent is getting redirected to portal and can’t get to queues.  

Like Tracy Turner likes this
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2020

Hi @Dawn Fama 

Yes, we also have an ldap configuration set up.

Dawn Fama June 17, 2020

Hi Jorden,

I noticed the problem right after I changed the delegated LDAP setting to Copy User on Login and Update user attributes on Login.  It seems now JIRA is comparing the domain account groups to groups configured in service desk and not finding a match so it adds user as a customer.  I'm in the JIRA admin group and in the service desk team role and I cannot get to anything but the portal.  The base URL consistently redirects to the customer portal after I login.  Icognito mode did nothing for me.

Like # people like this
Leslie Gilbert
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 1, 2020

one of my customers is having the same issue. Did changing your settings fix this?

Wathek Ghenimi July 29, 2022

@Dawn Fama  did you solved ?

Dawn Fama July 29, 2022

Hello Wathek, 

I've since moved to a new team and they are only using JIRA Software, no more JSD/M.

You know, I am now working with AWS and I noticed some similar behavior when I log into a cloud environment for one project then try to log into another cloud environment with my same account on the same browser, it kicks me out of the previous environment. 

If I use separate browsers, Edge for cloud project 1 and Chrome for cloud project  2, I have no issues.  

Definitely a browser deal.

Like Wathek Ghenimi likes this

I tried different browser but same issue,

anyway thanks for replying :) 

@Dawn Fama it happens there is a problem in the cloud server, now it is back so it's not a browser related issue.

3 votes
Matt M. November 3, 2021

We are experiencing the same behavior unfortunately.   We have JSD Customers who we want to be able to point to Jira Software project issues, so they can comment on them as anonymous users.  However, every time they click on any Atlassian URL they are redirected to the portal - this means they will never be able to be pointed to a non-JSD ticket.  

To expect or request them to switch to an anonymous browser mode to be able to navigate to a URL is way too much to ask - poor UX. 

1 vote
Jason Selby December 13, 2021

This is a problem. Basically if you add participants to a ticket who are JSD users/admins it redirects to the Portal which is really inconvenient as agents should really be redirected to the Agent view.

Is there a fix ?

0 votes
Mark Hostetler February 7, 2023

Still experiencing this. Is there a Jira bug issue I can vote for? 

0 votes
Dawn Fama October 7, 2022

Hello, 

Since I am in a different division and no longer have access to JSM.

I'm curious if this issue has been resolved.

I know this may be a bit inconvenient and an added expense, but I wonder if the issue would be the same if JS and JSM where separated on different servers?

If the instances needs to remain on the same server would adding a separate LDAP connector  for JS and JSM work?

Configure each to point to separate user groups.

LDAP A >> JIRA user group

LDAP B >> JSM agents group

Lastly, 

Has anyone tried the Rewrite Valve (Tomcat) to separate customer / agent / JIRA URLs?

I found this article: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-custom-url-for-the-jira-service-management-customer-portal-847755218.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events