Users email signature images appearing very large

Senthu Selvanesan September 20, 2020

When a user replies to the ticket the images in their email signature is appearing very large.  How can I fix this please?.

Thanks in advance

SenthuCapture.PNG

5 answers

0 votes
Stefan Wolske December 29, 2023

We had the same issue with signatures from one particular customer. We fixed it by enabling "Use custom text to detect and hide signatures"  in "Hide email signatures in issues and portals"

0 votes
Robert Lenk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 23, 2023

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

It's mad annoying!

Karin Stevenson December 20, 2023

Agreed! This is plain silly that a system like Jira cannot handle this better.

Adam Zaborski December 20, 2023

It is just the screenshot I lost the original link but this could point you to what you need.Guy Anela.png

0 votes
Adrian Boyle May 12, 2022

So this was bought up in 2020 and is still broken. It is not a case of removing the signatures, Jira needs to fix the distortion it creates when it applies the email content to the ticket body text.

We want the signatures included always, BUT I don't want to have to scroll three pages down to see the text because Jira doesn't know how to interpret the email.

Original image:

Correct Image.JPG

Which gets translated into this:

Distorted.JPG

Sometimes the images contain the contact information for the client, so if we scrape the image, we have no details around the sender. 

I have worked with numerous ticketing systems, this is the only one I have seen that does this nonsense. 

0 votes
Franck Levillain July 15, 2021

Same issue for us.

How can it be fixed?

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2020

Hello @Senthu Selvanesan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When receiving requests and comments from email, currently, there is no option in Service Desk to prevent customers' signatures to be added.

There are feature requests suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events