It looks like you are seeing the user account's user_key instead of the actual username. That format of JiraUser12345 is a format that was recently deployed to Jira 8.2 and higher instances. This is something we announced back in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/gdpr-changes-in-jira-975041009.html
Back in Jira 6.0, we rolled out the ability for user accounts in Jira to be renamed. In order to facility that, the user_key field was rolled out in order be able to track historical changes to issues despite possible changes to user account names.
In older versions of Jira server, between 6.0 and 8.2, when a user account is created, the user_key is set to be the first username of that account. So many times in the past, you might see the user_key of an account such as you do in the issue history, and mistake this as the username because it was usually the same value. But when a username is renamed in Jira, that user_key was never expected to change. This is being used as a unique value that Jira can use to identify the account even if the account is renamed.
Something seems off to me here though. It might just be the translation into what I presume is Russian language which I cannot read, but the email notifications I did not believe were suppose to be referring to the user_key for changes.
What plugins are you running in Jira? I don't fully recognizing the right half of that first screenshot as being a native Jira issue details page. It kind of looks like that section of "Attributes, connected tickets, comments, history" might be provided by some other plugin to Jira. So I am curious if perhaps the email notifications here might be incorrectly displaying the user_key instead of the username here. But I am uncertain how to recreate the problem you have presented here without some more information about your environment.
Please let me know.
It is possible that your Jira Administrator might have anonymized user_keys in Jira. That would explain why this value has changed into the format of JIRAUSER12345. As I mentioned in my previous post this is something that might be required due to GDPR regulations. More details in GDPR: Anonymizing users.
But Jira itself won't change the user_key for an account once it is created. It's expected to stay the same throughout the life of the account. Only with the changes we implemented in Jira 8.2 and higher has it become possible for Jira to alter that value. In the past Jira always defaulted to using the first username at the time of account creation as the user_key. Even if the username was renamed, that user_key historically was expected to not change.
Does this help explain what could cause that kind of change?
We have the similar problem. We installed a new JIRA instance (8.11.0). I have copied an Xporter plugin template from an another, previously installed Jira instance (years ago) (but currently 8.12.0). This Xporter template should export the worklogs with the usernames. The template is working fine in the older Jira environment, but in the new instance, it cannot export the right username from worklogs, it exports the user_key.
The users have not been anonymized in the new instance.
How could we get the real usernames in report templates? The JIRA shows the right username on the profile page, but the export contains the user_key when we export on the freshly installed instance.
The export on the new instance return from Worklog[n].Author the user_key, the export on the older instance returns the username.
We have not anonymized the users.
Is there any other username field in Worklog[n] which contains the real username, not the user_key?
It sounds like the xporter plugin on the older version is just exporting the user_key. The new version of Jira is doing the same thing, the difference here is that Jira server no longer defaults the user_key to be the same as the first username of that account. Sorry that I do not know enough about how the xporter plugin is working in Jira in order to understand how to best advise you about modifying reports for it.
But if this is the case, then you should know that even in the old instance, if a user account ever gets renamed, the user_key wasn't expected to change. So then the xporter reports here will probably still report the original user_key value. In some cases that can cause real confusion as users think they are seeing the username, when really they have been seeing the user_key all along.
I'd recommend reaching out to the xporter support portal over in https://xportersupport.xpand-it.com/ perhaps they can help better than I can here.
We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan. &nb...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events