Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User unable to view others request

Dev Anand Kumar Bharti November 26, 2020

The users I have added to my project under Customers are only able to view the requests which they create. Ideally we want the users under one project to view all the requests that have been created by other users. Basicaly everyone should be able to see requests created by everyone in that project.How do we do it.

2 answers

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Dev Anand Kumar Bharti 

Easiest way then is to put everyone in an organisation and maybe through an automation set that organisation as default on each issue.

That way they are all shared with everyone.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

@Dev Anand Kumar Bharti 

You can do that through the project automation. 

Go to Project Settings -> Automation and there you can create a project rule.

This rule could be something like "issue created" -> Edit issue: ...

but is it not strange that members of the Org one of whom is also a Site Administrator cannot view the tickets on portal but can see the queue

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2020

that is indeed a tricky one.

If you have a site admin that goes to the portal he/she will not see the tickets there unless they are also part of the organisation.

It has to do with the role you have when you go to a certain part. Even as you have admin on the backend and an agent license, when you go to the portal you are a customer and you should get the customer rules applied.

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2020

@Dev Anand Kumar Bharti  , by design the JSD requests can be viewed only the requestor or request participants or members when shared with a organization.

I have created the org and added the members to that Org. Anything else i need to do with the org or it is enough?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2020

well you need to set that organisation as default in the Organisations field on the issue.

Ok How exactly do I do that. Do i go to Issue types and change something there. ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events