User provisioning for other applications

Jeremy Cannon January 4, 2023

Hey everybody,

I am curious to see what ideas people might have on provisioning users using the Jira portal and leveraging Service Desk and Insight. We currently provision users using a "System Access Request" through our ERP software but are replacing it with another that we are not clear yet on if it has the same functionality. Therefore, we are exploring the option of leveraging our portal to let our end users submit requests and notify us when an employee is on LOA or termed. Curious if anyone has any experience with this or has any ideas on how we would leverage that. 

On the surface, it seems simple and straight forward, but we then run into the issue of how are we keeping records of employee systems they are authorized to access, how does Jira know to notify system admins when an employee is termed and which systems they need to be deactivated in, what is the best way to notify non-Jira users that they have a system access to manage, etc.

I appreciate any input.

Thank you!

1 comment

arnav_miniOrange January 4, 2023

Hey Jeremy,

I'd suggest you use a User Provisioning/De-provisioning app from the Atlassian Marketplace. You can try our miniOrange Provisioning App.

This app will be connected to your Identity Provider and will automatically deactivate users in sync with your Identity Provider (IdP). 

The app comes with a wide range of user management features:

- Users and groups provisioning/de-provisioning

- Scheduled/Real-time Provisioning

- Manual users sync button

- Transform username based on regex for matching user

I'd be happy to discuss your use case in detail. You can reach out to us at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com

Looking forward to speaking to you :)

Have a good year ahead!

Thanks,

Arnav Ghatage

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events