User picker does not populate for ServiceDesk customers

Valerie Scibetta October 12, 2021

Hello,

I'm JIRA admin and saw that customers cannot fill in user picker from the portal.

Seems that only admins users can fill in this field, what is amazing as this is for our users to create requests via forms...

I hope there is a solution for that.

Best regards,

Valerie

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

Hi @Valerie Scibetta 

Try to set the following option through customer permissions and see if that will resolve your problem:

search other.png

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for your reply. Nevertheless, I don't have the same options on the customer permissions of the project (maybe because I'm on Server version):

customers permissions.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

@Valerie Scibetta I've tried it on a server based Jira and I get the username of all customers within the organization

user picker.png

You want to get the users from all your instance?

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Yes, I do want to retrieve users of my instance there

What is strange is that it works with all admin accounts but not with portal users (customers).

Thanks for your help,

Valerie

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2021

In order to see other users, a user must have browse users and groups permission. So if your customer is just a customer and doesn't hold a license, then he/she will not be able to do so.

You can either add your users as customers, or to setup that all users in your instance are customers.

Valerie Scibetta October 13, 2021

Dear @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

Thanks for your reply.

Does Customers need a license also?

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

Customers do not need a license. But their abilities to do stuff are quite limited. Besides that's the whole reason of having a service desk. Few agents with paid license, and infinite customers.

Valerie Scibetta November 14, 2021

Hello Alex,

Everything is clear and works fine now!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best,

Valerie

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2021

Nice to know that @Valerie Scibetta . Kindly mark my answer as accepted in order to help others in the community. Thank you very much!

Like Valerie Scibetta likes this
Valerie Scibetta February 8, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks a lot for your TIP, it helps a lot!

Best

Valerie

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events