Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User picker does not populate for ServiceDesk customers

Bernardo Sobrino October 16, 2020

I have a request form with a couple user picker fields (both single and multi user).  When I login to my customer portal using a ServiceDesk customer user, the field does not work and displays as a txt field, but when I login as my admin user, the user picker field works just fine.  So it seems that there is some permission or something that allows the user picker field to work correctly when I am logged in as an admin user, but it doesn't work when logged in as a customer user.

What do I need to do to get the user picker fields to work for ServiceDesk customer users?

--Bernardo Sobrino

1 answer

0 votes
Nadya Yusupova
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

Hi Bernardo,

Thanks so much for your question.

Users can see the dropdown based on customer portal permissions - Read this document to understand how admins can configure this permission. https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/managing-access-to-your-service-desk-939926273.html#Managingaccesstoyourservicedesk-Choosewhocustomerscansharerequestswith

You need to set "Choose who customers can share requests with" to "Any customer or organization, by searching in this project to make sure customers can select users."

Thank you,

Nadya
Jira Service Desk

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

Aashutosh Kumar August 3, 2021

Any Solution for Jira Cloud?

Tried all combination, Portal Users cannot access users in User Picker.

jira customer permissions.PNG

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events