User management

Amali May 30, 2023

Use case: Restrict specific set of customer to specific projects. 

Right now, we have enabled auto sign up for the customers because the service desk is the only means of communication and if a customer wants to access the customer portal, he/she signsup by themselves and access the service desk for support. 

But once the customer signs up, by default they are being added to the 'Service Desk Customer' role and added all the existing projects.

In the future, I'd like to allow the customers to sign up by themselves, but I should only be able to add them to particular projects as I need to restrict the visibility of the projects to specific set of customers. 

I was not able to find a feature to support this other than to create a group of customers for individual projects and map this group to 'Service Desk Customers' in the 'Users & Roles' section in the project settings? 

Am I missing anything important in case of user management here? Because right now, this way, its a long and tedious process. 

Also, all the users are that are added in customers in the projects, are also automatically being added as 'Service Desk Customers' in the individual projects. But not consistently. This looks very weird to me. 

I'd appreciate all the support regarding clean user management :) 

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events